Hurricane Ian approached Category 5 status with winds up to 155 mph as it made landfall in Florida on September 28, 2022. Catastrophic storm surges, strong winds, and flooding have already taken a toll on the property, homes, and lives of Florida residents.
These conditions also set the stage for multiple tornado threats throughout central Florida. The summation of these storms has been estimated to leave a devastating and historic impact on the area, causing many residents to fear for their safety.
If you are in an affected area, please take considerable precautions and use any of the storm recovery resources listed below if needed. According to the CDC, basic safety tips for hurricanes and their aftermath include:
- Stay out of floodwater.
- Never use a wet electrical device.
- If the power is out, use flashlights instead of candles.
- Prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Be careful near damaged buildings.
- Stay away from power lines.
- Drink safe water and eat safe food.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Tend to any injuries or wounds to prevent infection.
- Take care of your mental health and stay connected with loved ones.
If the unfortunate occurs and tragedy strikes, Morgan & Morgan is here to help. If you suffered property damage because of this storm, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We can provide a free case review and help you to navigate the complicated insurance claim process. There is no need to go through this alone—get the help you need to move forward with your life today.